Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Tired

All in all, I would say that we just had a great weekend.

DeAnne left Friday afternoon for Pensacola. She went with a group of ladies from the church to the Extraordinary Women conference. They got back Saturday evening and from what she's told me, it was a great trip.

Back on the homestead, I cut the grass Friday afternoon after I got home from work. On Saturday, I was glad I had, because it was pretty hot. Other than that, I didn't do much though. I mostly read. New Moon, the second Twilight book, was better than the first. I managed to hold out until about two-thirds of the way through the second book. I'm hooked pretty hard now. Not as bad as all these girls that are obsessed with it, but it's pretty bad. I was just really impressed with the second book. It's very emotional, and not in the lovey-dovey, googly eyes kind of emotion that the first book was stuck on. It's pretty heart-wrenching. I'm curious to see how the movie turns out. There's not a whole lot of "action" in the book. The majority of it comes at the very end. It'll be interesting to see what kind of pace and the movie takes and how close they stick to the book.

I did play a little Prince of Persia also. I didn't finish it like I need to, but I did make some progress. I'm going to have to put the books down and work on it some this week.

Also, Sunday was pretty awesome. We had two really great services at church. It just doesn't get any better.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: