Wednesday, April 08, 2009

One Crazy Afternoon

I needed to get a new belt for the lawn mower so last Saturday I bought what I thought was the right belt from Wal-Mart. When I got home yesterday afternoon, I went to put it on and it was in fact, not the right belt. This kicked off a series of events that made for a long crazy afternoon.

I started by heading for Wal-Mart to take the belt back. They took it back, no problem. But, of course they were now out of the belt that I needed. DeAnne had also asked me to pick up some dinner while I was there. We really like the General Tso's chicken that they have. They were also out of that though. So I called DeAnne and formulated a new plan. I would get food from McDonlad's and would check the new Tractor Supply for the belt that I needed. Tractor Supply had the belt and after waiting forever for fries, I had food and headed back to the house. Ate, changed the belt and by this time it was almost 6:00. I wanted to test the belt out, so after running around the driveway with it I decided to just go ahead and cut as much of the yard as I could. It probably wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I got the front cut and by the time I finished around 7:00, I still had plenty of light, but it was so cold that I pretty much couldn't feel my hands.

And that was my crazy afternoon yesterday. But, I did manage to get the front yard cut. I'm hoping that I can get the rest done today before church.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: