Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Well, we've made it to Friday once again and this time it's a little more special...It's Good Friday. Something interesting I learned yesterday: The way the Jewish and Christian calendars fall, Easter usually isn't the same week as Passover. This year, the two line up, so Good Friday is actually on the day following Passover and Easter is actually the third day just as it would have been when Jesus was crucified and then rose. There's a fairly lengthy explanation in the wikipedia entry for Easter. I just thought that that was pretty awesome and had to share it.

Easter is also going to dominate our weekend. We've got dinner and a family egg hunt tomorrow at DeAnne's Mom's and then, as I mentioned yesterday, on Sunday, we're traveling up to Tallassee to see my Mom's side of the family. Tonight though, we've got nothing and I fully intend to enjoy it.

Switching gears...Last night, DeAnne was reading and I had watched all my shows, so I thought I'd give Gears multiplayer another shot. The matchmaking was a lot better. Edwin was busy, so I was on my own, but I got a match fairly quickly and actually got to play the game. I only had time for the one match before bed, but it was nice to know that it does work sometimes.

Have a good Friday and have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: