Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Beatles!

Someone once told me: "Every song that's ever been worth writing was written by the Beatles." I won't go so far as to completely agree with that but I will say that they had some good ones. A lot of good ones. And now all their albums have been remastered and re-released. I've been listening to a few of the remasters and they sound great. They have a box set that complies all their albums along with some great art work and other stuff. It's expensive but it's one of the few things I've found that I would really like to have for Christmas.

Other new music that I've been listening to:

Jet: They've just put out their third album and I think it's pretty good. They kind of dropped off the face of the earth after their first album and I doubt that this one will get them back into the spotlight, but the songs are solid and it has a good feel to it.

Collective Soul: These guys just keep putting out albums and their albums are usually pretty good. No one's really listened to them since 1999 but hey, sometimes the best things in life are not the most popular.

Our Lady Peace: I'm starting to see a trend here with bands from the 90's releasing new albums that I like. This one's great. To me, this is their best work since Spiritual Machines. Really good album. Well worth getting.

There's a few others, but I'm out of time. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: