Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Titles Are Hard To Come Up With After 450 Posts

If it was always as nice outside as it was yesterday afternoon I don't think I would ever mind cutting the grass. I'm beyond glad that I waited. I got home from work and DeAnne had a little left on the bushes that she couldn't reach with the trimmer, so I helped her finish that up and then hopped on the lawn mower. It was just about dark before I finished, and it was actually starting to get a little cooler than was comfortable, but I didn't sweat a drop while I was out there. It was incredible. I'm sure we'll have one last hot spell before we can call summer done, but it looks like fall has arrived.

Butch Walker has been recording again and is promising that the new album will be out early next year. In the meantime, he's scheduled 4 shows in L.A., each a week apart. The first three weeks he's going to play a different album each night from start to finish and then throw in a new song or two. The last night, he's making the setlist from songs that fans request via Twitter. I've never wanted to be closer to the west coast. He did mention that he had plans for something in Atlanta before the end of the year, but he didn't give away any specifics. Hopefully it'll be something that we can go to.

I'm also pretty excited about the Smashing Pumpkins new project. One of Billy's friends, Kerry Brown, is playing on and engineering the project with Billy and he's started a blog to chronicle the process. This week, he's posting videos where he answers questions that fans submitted about the recording process. He's talked about mics and rigs they're using and other inside stuff about the recording process. It's been a really cool inside look at how music is made. The blog is at http://glittercop.blogspot.com/.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: