Monday, September 21, 2009

Untitled

And another weekend is in the books. Once again, we didn't do much of anything. It's actually starting to become a bit of a disturbing trend.

Saturday was yard day. There's been a few pine limbs that have needed trimming for a while now and I finally remembered to get the pole saw back from Dad to take care of them. So Saturday morning I got out and started cutting and about the time I got done, it started raining. The grass was in pretty bad shape so I went inside and checked the radar and it looked like it was probably going to ruin my chances of cutting the grass. So I conceded defeat, got a shower and sat down on the couch to watch some football. As the morning wore on, I noticed that it started getting a little brighter outside. I checked the radar again and it was pretty clear. So I waited for a couple of hours to give the grass time to dry and then got started on the mowing. While I mowed, DeAnne started trimming the bushes around the house. I hadn't realized how big they had gotten until DeAnne cut a few of them back. At any rate, the grass got cut, the bushes were started on and I took a second shower for the day.

We rewarded ourselves with Chinese and a rain-delayed Auburn game that we didn't start watching until the fourth quarter. Before then, every time I turned it to the game Auburn did something horrible, so I was afraid to keep watching it.

Otherwise, I played a lot of Batman. I'm really enjoying the game. I think I'm about half-way through it and it's been great.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: