Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Town Hall

Our area's U.S. Senator, Jeff Sessions, is coming to Andalusia to host a town hall meeting about the health care reform bill. Being a Republican, I doubt that it will be nearly as interesting a meeting as it would be if he were a Democrat, but still, I plan on going and seeing what he has to say. I don't know that I've ever actually participated in something like this before so I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully it will be worth going to.

In case you missed the news yesterday: Michelle Duggar is pregnant with her 19th child. A lot of people seem to be offended by this but I don't really understand why. If she's healthy and her children are healthy and they can afford to have them then more power to them. At least they're not on welfare sucking the system dry. There aren't many parents that I've ever talked to that haven't said they wouldn't have one more if they could afford it or some other circumstance didn't prevent them from having one more child. This family has just had one more after one more and as long as they're happy, then good for them.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: