Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday, At Last

It's been a long week but we made it through and here we are at Friday.

DeAnne went to Dothan with her Mom yesterday and as usual didn't make it home until late. The upside is that it gave me the whole evening to play video games. So, I finally got started on Batman: Arkham Asylum last night. So far the game is pretty awesome. The controls are good, the graphics are great and the voice acting is excellent. I may not have been happy about the Collector's Edition stuff, but I can't deny that the game itself is wonderful.

I also fixed my iPod yesterday. I won't soon make the mistake again of allowing iTunes to load music on my iPod for me.

The other big thing that I've seen this week is that the Smashing Pumpkins (or Billy Corgan rather) have announced that they're going to be releasing songs as they record them over the next year or two. The plan is to put the songs up for download for free. Every four songs will then be bundled into a limited edition EP that fans can buy. 44 songs are planned and at the end of the process, all 44 songs are going to be bundled into a box set to make an "album". The name of the project is kind of strange: "Teargarden by Kaleidoscope" but the idea sounds pretty cool. The EPs are supposed to contain other things like demos and outtakes from the recording sessions. It's definitely something that hasn't been tried before with music and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Billy has a history of starting projects like this and then never seeing them through. Hopefully that won't be the case with this. I'm also curious about touring plans. It'll be interesting to see if they take breaks in recording along the way to go out on the road or if they'll just stay in the studio until it's done. At any rate, the first songs are supposed to be coming out in October. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Have a good Friday and a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: