Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Weekend Gone

We had another good weekend and are officially sad to see it end. DeAnne is especially sad to see it end as it means that she has to go back to work after being off for a solid week. She only has a month left till summer though, so that should be some comfort to her.

On Friday we just did the usual. We got up with Bryan and Adrienne and went out to eat and then just hung out and watched movies.

Saturday was a little more interesting. Gamestop is running a special where if you pre-order either Mario Kart Wii or GTA: IV, you get a 20% bonus on anything you trade in on them. I decided that since I sold the PS2 a while back, I would trade in the majority of my PS2 games and see if I couldn't come up with enough to get GTA; IV without having to pay any cash for it. I also took a few Gamecube games I haven't played in forever and 3 Wii games that I beat and then haven't thought about since. It turns out that bringing the Wii games was a good idea because they were also offering a 20% bonus on trade-ins when you brought in 3 or more Wii games. I also signed up for their membership program which gave me another 10% bonus on my trades. So after it was all said and done, I got an extra 50% on my trades. It also turned out that a lot of the games I took were worth more than I thought they would be. When it was all over, I had $170 in store credit. I walked in just hoping to get close to $60. So I pre-ordered GTA: IV and Mario Kart Wii and got a used copy of Gears of War, which I've been wanting ever since I got the xbox. All totaled, I had to pay $20 in cash and got 3 games. I was pretty excited to say the least. I played about an hour of Gears yesterday and it was pretty amazing. I'm glad I got it.

Last night Josh and I played guitar for the evening church service. I think it's the first time I've played publicly in nearly six years. It went really well considering we had only practiced twice. I had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy the change of pace. Hopefully we can keep playing all along.

Well, that's about got it for today. Have a good Monday and I'll see you back here tomorrow morning.

--Paul

No comments: