Monday, April 28, 2008

Once Again...

Once again I find myself unable to think of a good title. Sorry.

We had a good weekend this past weekend. It was a little more low-key that the last few have been and that was nice. Friday night we just stayed in and watched a movie. We watched "Atonement". It was alright. I think I liked it more than DeAnne did. It leaned more towards the artsy side of movies. I guess by now we should know that if something gets nominated for the Best Picture Oscar, it's going to be some crazy, thought-provoking movie that's not just your average here to entertain you movie.

Saturday night we hung out at Chris Ossenfort's house. He was in town helping Trey move back from Dallas and had a little get-together. It was really cool. We ate burgers, had a bonfire and played music for a while.

I want to point out the newest shared item. It's about the release date for part one of "Deathly Hallows", the last book in the Harry Potter series. They've split the book into two movies. I'm excited that they've started working on the last two movies and that they've got a release date planned for the first one, but I'm also sad that it's not coming out until 2010. I was really hoping that they would go ahead and get cracking on it as soon as they finished "Half-Blood Prince" and get the first one out next year. Oh well. They also announced the director for the two Lord of the Rings prequels, so it seems that work is going to get going on those pretty soon. Who knows when the movies will make it out though.

I'm out of time so tomorrow I'll explain the picture of the squirrel that I posted on Friday.

--Paul

No comments: