Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We Built This City on Charlie's Angels

I'm running a little late this morning, so I don't know if I'll make it to the story that will make the title make sense, but it will eventually make sense to everyone, I promise.

We had another great weekend in Mobile with Courtney and Edwin. We can't thank them enough for letting us stay with them again and for showing us such a good time. Let me start at the end with the doctor's report. He didn't have the labs from my doctor here in Andalusia, but judging by the feel of my thyroid and my answers to his questions about symptoms, he seems to think that if it is hyperactive, then it's not to the point where it needs any kind of treatment. He ordered some more blood work and wants me to come back in 6 months. So all in all, a good report.

Going back to Saturday, we got to Mobile about lunch. Edwin had cooked his world famous meatloaf, so we had lunch with Courtney and Edwin and just caught up on news and chatted for a while. About 5:00, some friends of Courtney and Edwin's started showing up for what was deemed a "Rock Band Party". We had a blast swapping out instruments and having a good time and just generally being silly. We met some great people, ate some good pizza and rocked the house.

And I'm going to have to stop there for today. Tomorrow I'll explain the title of today's post. It's a good one, I promise. See you then.

--Paul

No comments: