Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday's Are Wonderful

It's Friday already and you won't hear me complaining. The only bad thing about it is that I'm on call for the weekend.

As for the weekend, I foresee more yard work in my near future. The grass needs cutting but it shouldn't be any thing near as bad as it was the last time. We've also got the other flower bed to finish re-doing and that one last set of bushes to trim up. All in all, it shouldn't be too bad, really. The new washer and dryer have made laundry much easier. So much so, that we've already done most of what we would normally spend all day Saturday and Sunday doing. So we won't have the laundry to worry about.

I finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance last night. I really enjoyed it. There's a part of me that misses reading comic books, so things like the game and any comic-related movies that come out usually really appeal to me. I wish I could still read some, but it seems to have gotten to the point where the companies (DC and Marvel) do nothing but run stories that cross through 10 different titles and if you don't buy them all then you have no idea what's going on. You can't just buy the new issue of one title each month and expect to be able to follow what's going on and I just can't see spending the money to try and keep up.

With the points from Ultimate Alliance, my gamerscore is up to almost 1300. I've really become addicted to the idea of the gamer points system and the achievements. If I didn't want to move on and play some of the other games I've got so bad, I would probably go back through Ultimate Alliance just to pick up the achievements I didn't get. Like I've mentioned before though, I really want to try and get through some more games before the end of the month. I think I'm going to start on Super Mario Galaxy next. DeAnne was a pretty good ways into it before we got distracted by Rock Band, and judging by what I saw of her game, I don't think it'll take long to beat it.

I hope you all have a great weekend. See you Monday.

--Paul

No comments: