Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Give Me Something To Talk About

If you're reading my posts on my blog site and not my facebook page, then you've probably noticed the "National Debt" clock that I put on the right. It's pretty amazing to just sit and watch it for a few minutes. It's just mind blowing that the people we have elected and entrusted to make decisions for us have put our country into over $11,600,000,000,000 worth of debt. The interest alone drives the thing faster than you can see the numbers. Literally, in less than a second, more money than I make in a YEAR is added to the debt. And now we have a congress and a president that have no qualms at all in multiplying that debt just as fast as they can.

In other news:

We're looking for a new camera. Our point-and-shoot died a rather horrible and sudden death while we were at the beach a couple of weekends ago and DeAnne doesn't like being without a camera. I've gotten a few replies from folks on twitter and facebook and I appreciate all the help. I hate to spend more than $200 on something that's going to be going various places with various levels of danger and DeAnne wants something with a 5x zoom, so the pickings are a little slim, but I'm sure we'll find something.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: