Monday, July 13, 2009

What A Weekend

Well, we had a great time this past weekend.

I took off work on Friday at lunch and we packed up and headed down to Panama City. Once we got there, we unloaded and then went to pick up a few things and hit a store or two that DeAnne wanted to go in. We ate dinner at Angelo's Steak Pit and it was pretty good. Neither of us had ever ate there before. I don't know if the hype was too great or if we just didn't order well, but it just didn't seem to be worth quite what we paid for it. Don't get me wrong, it was a good meal, I just don't know if it was that good. After dinner we headed for Pier Park so DeAnne could do some more shopping and we met up with Bryan and Adrienne at Target. By the time we all got back to the house, it was about 10:00. We sat and talked for a little while and then called it a night.

Saturday we got up and headed to Shipwreck in time to be there when it opened. We met Taylor and Brandon there. Shipwreck was pretty awesome. I had never been before and I had a great time. DeAnne really enjoyed it too. She's a big kid at heart and I think she had more fun than anybody. I think it was a little after 2:00 when we left. We headed back to the house and everyone got cleaned up and then we went to Captain Anderson's for dinner. We enjoyed Capt. Anderson's a good bit more than we did Angelo's. After dinner we played a round of put-put and then went back to the house to hang out.

Brandon and Taylor had to head back home Sunday morning, but the rest of us hit the beach for a little while. We had done good the day before at Shipwreck, but evidently something went horribly wrong Sunday morning and I now have a pretty good sunburn on my back and shoulders. I coated myself in sunscreen and DeAnne slathered my back, but it wasn't enough. My head did make it through unscathed though, so I was glad for that.

After we left the beach we finished cleaning up the house and then hit Pier Park again. I wanted to try out Five Guys Burgers and was not disappointed. After eating, we walked around and did a little shopping and then Bryan and Adrienne headed home. We had to run back to the beach house to finish up some laundry and to pick up Emma and then we headed home too.

It was a great weekend and we had a lot of fun. I'm a little exhausted, but I'll survive. Plus, I've got another weekend at the beach coming up this weekend to help in my recuperation efforts.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: