Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Izzy, Hunter

This all happened last week but I couldn't find anywhere to work it in. Of course, if you read DeAnne's blog, you saw where a couple of weeks ago, our cat, Izzy, brought a lizard into the house. He hadn't actually killed the lizard yet and when he put it down, it ran off and we couldn't find it. DeAnne found it a few days later and you can read her post about it here.

So last week, I'm out walking Emma and she's taking one of her usual routes around the yard when I notice something underneath the apple tree next to the house. I got to looking and it was a mocking bird. Every year around spring and early summer we have a pretty good sized mocking bird population move in and they tend to harass the cats pretty much all the time. It's pretty funny watching them dive-bomb the cats and seeing the cats react. I guess one got a little too close though, and Izzy got a hold of it.

A few days later, DeAnne and I were leaving to go somewhere and Izzy had been outside. As we left, he moved to go in but I noticed something wasn't right about his mouth. I stopped him and he promptly dropped a mole on the ground. He's brought us several moles over the years and even got one inside one time, so it wasn't much of a surprise, but I'm glad this one didn't make it past the door step.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out. Izzy brings us stuff all along, but he's been on a rampage here lately and I thought it would make for a humorous post. Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: