Monday, December 28, 2009

Feeling Sick

Well, actually I'm not feeling sick, I am sick. By the time Saturday night rolled around my head started getting stopped up and my throat was hurting pretty good. DeAnne's Mom took a look at my throat and said my tonsils weren't inflamed, so I guess it's just sinus drainage, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

So as you probably guess, I'm not working out today. It would be murder on myself to try right now. So I decided I revert back to blogging until I get better. I am going to try and go to work today. I probably don't need to but I don't want to use any more vacation this year.

As for Christmas, we had a great one this year. We got a good bit of cash, a couple of gift cards and a load of the usual clothes, ornaments, and for me, games. I ended up with three games: Red Faction: Guerrilla, Army of Two and Dragon Age: Origins. I also got another controller for the xbox. The second controller I've had had something happen to it where the right joystick is stuck in a "up" position and since most games use that stick to control the camera, you just end up looking at the floor if you try and use it. So it was nice to get another controller. DeAnne also got me some Wii points so that I could download some new games from Nintendo. I downloaded Tetris and I've got enough points left for something else, I'm just not sure what I want to get.

It was also really good to get to see my cousin David on Saturday. He's been working as a missionary out of Florida for the past couple of years and this year he was able to arrange it so that he could be at my Grandmother's house for Christmas. We got to catch up and DeAnne got to meet him for the first time. Opportunities to see my family from Arizona don't come around very often and I had a great time hanging out for the short amount of time we had Saturday.

So all in all, it was a great Christmas. Hopefully I can shake this cold and be feeling better by the time New Year's rolls around. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: