Saturday, December 26, 2009

Halfway There

I think I'm going to wait until Wednesday for the official Christmas wrap-up. We've now had two Christmas celebrations (three if you count Christmas morning with just DeAnne and I) and we've got two today to finish things out.

Today is first Christmas is with my Mom's side of the family in Tallassee. My cousin David is there and I'm looking forward to seeing him. I haven't had the chance to see him or any of his brothers or my aunt and uncle in probably over eight years. It'll be nice to get to catch up with David and introduce DeAnne to him. She's never had the chance to meet any of those members of the family that are from Arizona.

We'll be leaving Tallassee this evening and heading straight for Kinston for the final Christmas get-together of the year. This one is for all of DeAnne's immediate family, so all her step-siblings and nieces and nephews. It promises to be crazy.

Outside of Christmas, there hasn't been much going on. Courtney and Edwin came up and spent the night with us Wednesday night and we had a great time visiting with them. They were late getting here so we didn't get to spend much time with them, but we always have a blast when we get together with them.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and I'll see you on Wednesday.

--Paul


No comments: