Friday, December 11, 2009

Post #500

Today I reach what I would consider to be a pretty major milestone. Today's post is #500 for this blog. It amazes me that I've been doing this for that long. Anyway...onward we go.

DeAnne reminded me last night of what I was going to blog about yesterday and forgot. Tuesday night we went to the Cattlemen's Association dinner with her Mom and Step-Dad. Wayne (her step-dad) was Vice President the past two years and now starts a two year term as President of the Covington County association. The dinner was pretty interesting. The food was good and it was definitely something out of the norm for us, so it was a nice change of pace. We're going to go ahead and join too. It's only $30 a year and they feed you four times a year, so it's really not a bad deal and we'll be supporting Wayne at the same time, so good times all around.

The other thing I wanted to talk about today is DeAnne's new spinning Christmas tree stand. You can see a video of it on her blog, here. She's wanted one of these things for years and this year she finally found one that wasn't just outrageously expensive, so I agreed to buy it. The crazy thing is is that she's had the tree up for weeks now, so to get it on the new stand she basically tore the tree completely down, put it on the new stand and then put the tree completely back together again. I would have just waited till next year, but that's just me I guess.

I have to admit though that it does draw your attention to the tree. It's just sitting there spinning and it's kind of a hypnotic motion. I had trouble watching T.V. last night because the tree kept drawing my attention. Maybe I'll get used to it after a day or two, but right now it's pretty captivating.

Have a good Friday and a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: