Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Edition

Welcome to the first Saturday edition of the dubnet 2.0 blog. It's been nearly four years since I started blogging when I found out I was going to have surgery and this marks the first Saturday update ever (I think).

With the end of the year approaching, most media outlets have moved into full-blown "Best of 2009" mode and even "Best of the Decade" mode since we're bringing the 2000's to a close. I was browsing the iTunes list the other day seeing if I missed out on anything this year and came across their pick for best new rock artist: Charm City Devils (official website and listen @ myspace). These guys are incredible. Pure rock n' roll. They sound like something straight out of the late 70's or early 80's. If you played them after Aerosmith, AC/DC or Motley Crue they would fit right in. I haven't been able to get enough of their album the past two days.

I thought about making lists of my own, but really, I try to avoid stuff that other people think isn't any good, so most of the media I consume tends to the pretty good side. I would be hard pressed to pick an "Album of the Year" just because I've listened to so much good stuff across so many different genres. As far as games go, I don't get to play every new game that comes out so I'm sure I miss some things along the way. Of the games I have played this year, I'd probably have to say that Batman: Arkham Asylum was the best overall but Beatles: Rock Band wouldn't be far behind.

So next week is Christmas. Courtney and Edwin are coming up on Wednesday so we're looking forward to that. Then Thursday we'll start with DeAnne's family and on Christmas Day we'll eat lunch with my Dad and then dinner with more of DeAnne's family. Then we'll wrap it all up on Saturday with my Mom's side of the family. It's always a hectic time but it's always worth it.

Remember, no blog until next Saturday. Have a good week next week and a Merry Christmas to you all and your families.

--Paul

No comments: