Thursday, March 18, 2010

Better Day Today

After the call-out last night, things just continued to go about the same way yesterday morning. It wasn't until after lunch that things finally calmed down. The day ended strong though. Awana was good and when I got home, I was able to talk with my old friend Trey for about an hour. DeAnne was busy yesterday so we didn't really get to talk, but that was the only downer for the evening.

I'm trying hard to come up with something to talk about. Being by myself has just meant that I'm doing everything. I mean, yesterday, I came home, started some laundry, cooked dinner, watched a show or two from Tuesday night and then went to church. Not exactly best-selling novel type stuff. Of course, I don't know that my blog ever has been either, so I guess it's all the same.

Today I have to go to the grocery store. I've been getting by all week on stuff that we had before DeAnne left and I've just about exhausted the supplies. That brings up something else: It's pretty hard just cooking for one person. You end up with so much leftover that I can't eat it all but at the same time, I hate to throw anything away. I guess it's hard to shake that "starving kids in Africa" guilt trip from when I was a kid.

Anyway, it's Thursday, so we're getting close to the end of the week. Enjoy it and have it a good day.

--Paul

No comments: