Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Strange Night

I don't know what was up with me last night but I had some crazy dreams. It started off with me at the dentist then turned in to me leaving the dentist in the midst of a battle from Modern Warfare 2 and then when I got home, I was trying to call DeAnne because she was still gone, but when I got up with her, she was pulling into the driveway, coming home early. I don't usually have very vivid dreams, or at least, I don't have dreams that I often remember. It was pretty strange. I think the cat had me half awake and that's what caused it, but I'm not sure.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, yesterday evening was pretty similar to last Monday. I went to prayer meeting and then went and watched 24. Both were just as awesome, if not better than the previous week. One change from last week though is that Becky and Matt (our preacher and his wife) invited me over for dinner. It was very good and was only topped by the fact that it was nice to be around people. I think Saturday was the loneliest I've been since DeAnne left and I know it's mainly because I didn't have work and I didn't have church to keep me occupied. So thanks Matt and Becky for having me over, I really appreciate it.

So the first morning back on the elliptical went well. I decided to ease into it as much as possible so I only did five minutes on the lowest setting. That's about as easy as it gets, but I really just wanted to test out the foot and see how it felt. So far, it's been fine. I just hope that it holds up. I'm going to continue easing into things as much as I can. It's going to be a slow build to get back to where I was, but hopefully it'll mean that my foot is ready when I get there.

I would talk about the health bill but I don't want to be nasty. I watched the vote Sunday night on CSPAN and it was pretty heartbreaking when they got to 216. I read through a lot of analysis last night and there are only two things that I saw that meant anything good for me or DeAnne. One was the removal of any preexisting conditions being justification for denial of coverage and the other was the elimination of lifetime benefit caps. The sad thing is that both of these things would have been included in any bill that was presented, Republican or Democrat and that they could have been done without ever raising taxes. I don't know that they're worth the price we're going to have to pay now that we have them. People voted for change, they got their change. Let's see now how well they swallow that pill.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: