Friday, March 12, 2010

iKnow, iKnow

I realize that I've talked a lot about the Mac this week, but with DeAnne gone, all I've really done is play with it and the dog and watch a little T.V., so there you go. I tell you what. I'll at least start with some other topics.

Sarah (DeAnne's sister) and little Liam should be coming home from the hospital today. Their insurance allowed them four days, but the doctor said yesterday that they could go home when they were ready. Evidently, Sarah's ready. So DeAnne and her Mom spent yesterday evening running around Albuquerque getting stuff to make a bow and a sign and cake and all that other jazz for a "welcome home" thing.

I don't want to spoil it for DeAnne because she didn't get to watch American Idol this week, but I was pretty shocked at who went home last night. I called one of the guys but that was the only pick of the four I had right. I'm usually a little better than that. I'm really pretty upset about the girls, the first pair in particular but I guess that's just how it goes.

So, I continue to be totally in love with the Macbook. I spent about two and a half hours playing with iMovie last night and after watching three short tutorial videos, I was able to string together the three videos we took at the Butch Walker song, add titles to the front end of it all, do transitions and titles between each song and burn the whole thing to a DVD. Some of the transitions need a little work and I managed to leave a default title screen at the front end of the project that I didn't notice until I watched the DVD, but other than that, it turned out pretty great. The software was also able to correct the audio sync issue that plagued the videos on our PC. I'm probably going to try and re-upload them to YouTube and see if they come out better.

I realize that there is PC software that can accomplish this same stuff and probably to a degree be just as easy, but I was pretty blown away by how easy iMovie was to use. It'll take more time to master, but I already feel like I could put together some pretty awesome movies in a pretty short amount of time. That just makes me love the Mac even more.

Have a good Friday.

--Paul

No comments: