Tuesday, March 30, 2010

At Long Last

The day has finally arrived. After three long weeks (to the day even), DeAnne is coming home (along with her Mom). It won't be until late tonight, but still, today, I get to see her. Talk about your motivation to get through the day.

I had a good weekend. I was able to keep myself occupied pretty well. Of course, part of that was because I ran over a stump with the lawnmower and had to fix the deck. That took four hours that I hadn't planned on spending working on the lawnmower. Dad came over and gave me a hand with it though and in the end we were able to get it back going and just about good as new. Having spent all of Saturday afternoon working on the lawnmower just meant that I had to finish the yard on Sunday between church services.

Saturday night was fun though. Bryan had a bunch of guys over to watch the Kentucky game. We had a good time hanging out and eating. I'm not much for basketball, but with a group like that it was a good bit of fun.

Other than that, there was church. We drove around hanging invitations to Easter on people's doors Saturday morning and then had a couple of great services on Sunday. I'm looking forward to Easter. It should be pretty awesome.

But for now, I'm going to go and get through this day so that I can see my wife tonight. Her plane lands in Montgomery at 9:10. It looks like they're going to have good weather the whole way, so it should be an easy trip for them. I'll see you back here on Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: