Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This Blog is Written on a Macbook Pro

Big day yesterday. Two major things happened. One, DeAnne left for Albuquerque and two, the Macbook came in.

As much as I've flown on my own, I was still pretty nervous sending DeAnne off across the country on her own. As I mentioned, this is only the second time she's flown. When I left her at Montgomery though, she seemed to be pretty comfortable and from what I can tell talking to her last night, she didn't have any real problems outside of the tram to her next flight in Dallas being out of order. She had only a 45 minute layover, so by the time she got to the next gate, they were starting to board. So after it was all said and done, she made it pretty much right on time, got picked up and then if I know her, she probably started fighting with her sister 10 minutes after hitting the ground. It'll be an early morning for them. They've got to be at the hospital pretty early, so after the long afternoon yesterday, she'll probably be pretty tired today.

While I was dropping DeAnne off at the airport, the Macbook came in and after all of maybe 10 hours playing with it I think it's safe to say that I'm officially in love. Once DeAnne gets back I think there are going to be fights over this thing. It's just amazing how everything simply works. Last night I was importing my music into iTunes, importing pictures into iPhoto and surfing the web all with Tweetdeck and Skype running in the background and the Mac never hiccuped once. Importing just a single album on our PC pretty much locks it up for a few minutes. Just consider me impressed so far. There's a lot to learn, especially for a nerd like me, but I'm already getting a feel for things. Under all the pretty stuff, it's basically a skinned up version of UNIX or Linux. I found the terminal and all the UNIX commands I'm accustomed to worked, so that instantly made me feel a little more at home. There's a lot of stuff I haven't messed with yet though. I'll keep you posted as I discover more.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul


No comments: