Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Don't Like My Router Right Now

Well, it's been a long day already and it's only 6:17.

I'm on call this week and this morning at 2:00 the phone rang. I tried to remote in like usual but was having problems, so I got dressed and drove to the office. Once there, I was able to determine that the problem wasn't in our area of oversight and that the Comm Shop needed to be called. I wondered why I wasn't able to connect with my laptop because normally I don't have any problems. So I was already looking forward to taking my laptop in and trying to figure out what was going on.

So I get home, go back to bed and then at 5:50 the clock goes off and I get my day started. I sit down at the computer to blog and lo and behold, the Mac can't get on the internet. So I come and check the PC and it can't get on the internet either. Now my problems with my remote connection to work are a little more clear. It wasn't anything to do with the laptop or something at the office not working, it was my stinking wireless router.

I can hardly blame it for being a little flaky. It's probably five years old or more, ancient in technology terms, and it's been acting up a good bit lately. For some reason it will just stop letting traffic through to the internet. I usually have to restore factory defaults and then restore a backup of my settings that I saved off. It's not a huge deal, but still, not something I should have to be doing every other week or so. Now it's cost me an hour of sleep because I had to drive in to work to determine that a problem needed someone else's attention.

I apologize if I seem a little cranky this morning. I didn't get a good sleep last night.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

So sorry! I didn't sleep either! I was on night shift so the parents could get some sleep. He hates his little glasses and kept pulling them off. Then he would cry b/c the lights were to bright. Bless his heart! He was up every hour and so was aunt dee dee. Hope the test results come back saying he can go back to a normal activites.
Try and have a good day. Miss u bunches.