Monday, March 01, 2010

Working On It

We spent most of the day Saturday working in the yard. We trimmed fig trees, trimed the scuppernong vine (that's the spelling Google gave me), trimmed the bridals wreath and picked up pine straw. I was worried that I might have over-done it with my foot, but it doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear. In fact, if anything it's a lot better.

I would say Friday I noticed a decline in pain when walking and then it's only gotten better from there. It's not completely gone, but it's close. So maybe by the end of the week I can say all symptoms are gone and then it'll be a two-week countdown from there to getting back on the elliptical.

So we got a good bit accomplished in the yard Saturday. Yesterday, outside of church we watched "Post Grad". It was alright. It had some pretty funny moments in it but it was still pretty much just your formulaic romantic-comedy.

So that was the weekend. One more rather nice note, we got our Federal tax refund back also. Evidently they're on the ball this year. It took less than 2 weeks to get it back. We also got our Census form on Friday. We lucked up and got the short form. I'll have to write a post this week about my time with the Census back in 2000. It was interesting to say the least.

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get a single comment requesting a free CD. I guess I'll just have to find someone worthy of being gifted a free Butch Walker album.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: