Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hi, I'm Paul...

Hi, I'm Paul and I'm a Mac.

That's right, we have now entered the realm of the Apple Mac. Or we'll enter that realm once the MacBook Pro I ordered yesterday gets here. I'm pretty excited and I think DeAnne is too actually. I don't care what she says otherwise, she's got a little gadget geek in her that loves this stuff as much as I do. It's one reason I fell in love with her. I've seen the way she looks at my iPod Touch. I've seen the look on her face when she's been playing with it and I ask for it back. I've seen her play with my BlackBerry enough to know that she wants one too. Yes, she's got that inner geek that loves new gadgets just as much as I do.

I've talked for a long time about getting a Mac. It's just been very hard to justify the price. The last time we were in BestBuy in Mobile, we spent a little time at their Mac center playing with the machines. Neither of us have ever really used a Mac before but after about 5 minutes of playing around we were both able to perform probably 90% of the everyday tasks that we do on our PC and some of those things were easier to do. I think after those 5 minutes, we were both convinced that our next computer would be a Mac.

So the MacBook has been ordered. It should be here within a week, so once it comes in and I've had a chance to get a feel for it, I'll post about my experience.

The foot is doing much better. I'm going to give it another day or two before I say I'm "symptom free", but I'm getting close to that point. After that, it'll be a two week waiting period before I start back on the elliptical. Honestly, I miss it. I'm kind of surprised with myself, but I had gotten into a good routine and had started to see some results. After a month off, it'll be liking starting all over probably but I guess that will just have to be okay.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: