Thursday, March 11, 2010

Say Uncle!

DeAnne's sister gave us a nephew yesterday. I've actually been an uncle for a pretty good while now. My step-brother and step-sisters all have children and so do all of DeAnne's step-siblings. I guess this is our first "full-blown" nephew though and as much as DeAnne and Sarah fight, there's no doubt that they love each other and that it's been special to DeAnne that she was able to be there when her nephew was born.

DeAnne said that everything went well. Sarah and little Liam are supposed to be in the hospital until Saturday. He wasn't as big as I thought he was going to be. He was only 7 lbs 12.5 oz and 19.75 inches long. I really thought he would be over 8 lbs but I guess I thought wrong.

So that was the exciting news yesterday. One other crazy thing is that DeAnne got to see snow again yesterday. Yes, amazingly enough, it snowed in Albuquerque. This is after her mom told her to pack jeans and short sleeves. She said that it wasn't a lot and that it didn't really stick to anything, but it was still snowing yesterday morning.

Things continue to go well with the Mac. I'm a little more in love every time I touch it. I spent some time last night getting to know iPhoto. I've barely scratched the surface of it though. There's a lot I want to get in to. I think today, I'm going to try and get the iPhone dev kit downloaded and what it's all about. If it's as easy as everyone online makes it out to be then hopefully I'll actually be able to do something interesting with it before long. I think the hard part is going to be coming up with something that either hasn't been done before or can be done better. That and graphics. Any graphic designers out there willing to be on call for me?

Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: