Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Leavin' On a Jet Plane

DeAnne's leaving this afternoon for Albuquerque (thank goodness that's in the spell check dictionary). She's flying out of Montgomery at 1:30 and should be in New Mexico about 6:30 central time. I have to say, I'm a bit more nervous for her than I thought I would be. This will be only the second time she's flown and it'll be the first time solo. My biggest concern is the layover in Dallas. As long as her plane is on time out of Montgomery, she should be fine.

The good news is that with the internet and blackberry's and all that goodness, I've set up email alerts to let me know the status of her flights and arrivals and departures. I should be able to easily talk her through anything that she needs.

So, with DeAnne leaving, I'm on my own for at least a week. I've got a lot of little things that need doing around the house and even a couple of big ones, but I'm probably most excited about the Macbook arriving. It should be here on Wednesday. It's in Tallahassee at the moment. You ever buy something that you're excited about and once it ships, you check the shipping every chance you get? No? Just me? Oh, well. I'm like a kid watching the "Santa Tracker" on Christmas Eve.

Anyway, have a good Tuesday. I'll keep DeAnne's status updated on my Twitter and Facebook throughout the day.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Your so sweet! Love you and Miss you already!