Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Sunday

So Sunday was Easter as I'm sure you are all aware. We managed to roll out of bed and be at the church at 6:30 for sunrise service and I think we were both glad we went. There was some discussion on Saturday about going and in the end we decided to try and make it. It was pretty awesome, standing there in the cool morning air watching the day get brighter around you while listening to the scripture that tells us that Jesus has conquered death and is alive. It just made me stop and thank God again for all he's done for DeAnne and I. We really are blessed beyond anything that we deserve and it just blows me away to think about it.

After sunrise service, there was a small fellowship breakfast. The food was excellent and we had a good time. We still had a few hours till time for church so we came back home and just chilled out. DeAnne took a short nap and I finally beat the last song on Rock Band on drums on hard. I was pretty pumped to beat hard. I'll never be a great drummer or anything, but I felt like I really accomplished something.

Church was just as much a blessing as sunrise service. Afterwards we went to eat lunch with DeAnne's Mom and then came home with the intention of finishing the flower beds, but after our trip to Wal-Mart, we decided just to go and hang out with Brian and Adrienne. All in all, we had a great Easter and a great weekend. You know it was good when it takes you three days to cover it on the blog, I guess.

--Paul

No comments: