Thursday, March 06, 2008

Let's Keep the Groove Alive

Look out, 'cause here comes post #3 in 3 days. That may be an new all time streak since I archived the surgery blogs and started the new one. I haven't talked about TV lately, so I figured I'd run down that subject real quick.

24 got axed by the writer's strike. I feel like a little piece of me has died inside. Right now, they're saying it'll be Jan. 2009 before we see it on again. At least maybe by then, we'll have our local channels in HD. Until then though, I guess I'll have to settle for A&E reruns and watching the season 1 DVDs.

Lost is back on and better than ever. I feel like they're actually starting to move toward giving us some answers about everything. Both me and DeAnne have really enjoyed it this year.

American Idol is also back on. It's funny. The show's called "American" Idol, but two of my favorites this year are the boy from Australia and the girl from Ireland. I also like the David guy that's been playing guitar (not the David that's a gay stripper) and a couple of the others have been pretty good. I've really enjoyed that they're letting the singers play instruments. I think that it's really helped make the show a touch more interesting than it was when it was just singing back to back to back.

Other than that, we've been watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight. I think I would loose my mind if I were in their situation. DeAnne loves the show and I like it, but there are times when the kids are all screaming that it can be slightly annoying. At least it doesn't last too long before they cut to commercial. We also like Little People, Big World. I know there's a lot of people freaked out by it, but we enjoy the show.

The last show that we've been watching is an old one that we found channel surfing one day. It's called Coupling and it comes on the BBC America. It's a British comedy and there was even a short lived American version that NBC ran right after Friends ended. The American version wasn't very good, but the British version is absolutely hilarious. We record every episode that's on and I don't think there's been one yet that we haven't nearly busted a gut laughing at. I know a lot of people don't like British humor, but this has got to be one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.

So there you have our TV viewing summary for the winter/spring 2008. Hopefully, new episodes of some of our other shows will start up soon now that the writer strike is over. I understand why they went on strike, but man it's frustrating that it had such a huge effect on so many shows we like. Maybe in the fall everything will get back to normal.

--Paul

No comments: