Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm the Next American Idol

It's a lot harder to come up with a snappy title for your posts when you do this every day.

DeAnne finally bit the bullet and started a blogger page. You can find it at http://thedubosefamily.blogspot.com. I'll post a link to the right also.

American Idol, for me, is one of those love/hate type things. I hate the corporate sponsorship, we're just here to make money, over the top cheesiness of the show, but for whatever reason, I can't turn my head away. This year has been especially strange. The best singer in the competition, to me at least, has only been in America for three years. (I don't know any of their names, so you'll have to bear with descriptions) The girl from Ireland is probably my pick to win. I also like the guy from Australia. My other favorites are the dread-lock boy, the "Carly Simon" blond girl, although I should probably call her the "Let It Be" girl after last night, and the guy that played electric guitar a couple of times and sang Elinor Rigby last night. Everyone else can just go home now. Especially if you're a nurse with two-tone hair. Just go back to singing Janis Joplin songs in bars. Please. Of course, the country girl was the one that really murdered her song last night. I wasn't too crazy about the young boy either that went last. Or the girl that went first for that matter or the little asian girl.

Overall, I think that most of them did better with the Beatles material than I thought they would. I wasn't looking forward to it, but the high points were enough to make up for the ones that slaughtered their songs.

Well, past time to go already. I still haven't adjusted to the new time, but it's getting better. I'm not quite as late this morning as I was yesterday. Till next time.

--Paul

EDIT: I changed the title. Originally, it was "I'm Running Out of Titles". While I was getting ready for work, I came up with something a little more snappy. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

No, I'm the next one!!!!