Monday, March 17, 2008

Man What a Weekend

We had a great family reunion this past weekend. I'm going to hold off on talking about that though because there's a lot that happened yesterday that I want to cover.

Sunday proved to be a hard day and a sad day and just all around sad.

While walking Emma yesterday morning, I found Romper, our youngest cat, dead in the front yard. I'm not entirely sure what happened to him, but I think another animal got him. His face was beat up looking, but the rest of him looked okay. It was pretty sad. He's the first pet that I've ever had that's died. We buried him in front of the bushes on the back of the house that he always liked to play in. He was a sweet cat and was always running around and active. He's really going to be missed.

So after the events of the morning, we headed over to Kinston one last time. We ate lunch and just hung out with the family that was still there. Then at 3:00, Sara left to go to the Pensacola airport to head back home. It's been a fun week and we hated to see her go back to Utah and I really don't think she wanted to go.

After Sara left, we came back home and got ready for church. After church, there was a small get-together at the Cox (Mr. Jimmy and Mrs. Tammy's) house to say good-bye to Andrew, who was moving back home to New Jersey for his new job. While there, we got the news that a relative of DeAnne's, Mike Josey, had been killed in a motorcycle accident. He was the ex-husband of DeAnne's Mother's cousin. I know that sounds distant, but they were close to the family and everyone liked Mike a lot. He was an extremely nice guy and what little I knew of him made a great impression on me.

So as you can see, yesterday was pretty hard. We lost not only a cat, but a family member as well along with seeing Sara off until the next time we can get her back down here. I go to get the results of my MRI today. Hopefully the bad news is over and done with. I have to admit that after yesterday, I'm a bit nervous. Something to look forward to this week, though, is that I'll be off Friday to go with DeAnne to Dothan to see her lung doctor. We're also supposed to get our new washer and dryer this week, so I'm looking forward to that too. I'll see you tomorrow, have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: