Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On and On

If Friday was our day off, then Saturday was our work day.

About 8:00, I got up and started looking at getting the lawn mower going. I had to take the two front tires up to the shop and have them fixed. While I was gone doing that, DeAnne got started trimming the bushes. She did everything she could reach and after I got back and got the tires back on the mower, she took off on it with the sweeper to pick up the pine straw in the yard.

While she was doing that, I finished up the bushes in the back of the house and then started the weed-eating around the house. After finishing that, DeAnne was done getting up the straw so I started cutting the grass, or weeds really, and she started on the bushes across the front of the house. After getting those done, she washed off the porch and cleaned up the rocking chairs. As for me, I finally finished with the grass around 2:30. The only real break we took was when my Mom came by. We stopped and talked with her for about an hour and then we were back at it.

It was a long day, but I'm glad we got it all done. We're still not completely through with the yard, we still need to redo the flower beds, but I think that can wait until next weekend. I'm also really thankful for DeAnne. Her allergies don't really allow her to do much in the yard, but she worked hard and was a huge help Saturday. I think at the end of the day, we were both really proud of what we had accomplished.

--Paul

No comments: