Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Know You're Out There

Everyone knows how much I like gadgets and technology and stuff like that. Well, I've found an old tech that I've never known much about until recently. Satellites.

Back in August we dropped cable and bundled our phone, internet and tv through CenturyTel. The tv portion is provided through DISH network. We both love the DISH system. HD is pretty awesome and we're getting some channels now that we didn't get with cable that we've been enjoying. What's amazing to me is how much tech there is behind the satellite. I got to looking around and found a great community called SatelliteGuys.us (http://www.satelliteguys.us). They have a massive amount of information ranging from what you can do, what it will cost, what changes are being made to what's up on the satellites, just all kinds of information. It's become a site that I visit every day. If you look around, you may even see some of my posts, I'm "jpdubose". So I wanted to give a bit of space to my new tech obsession and point you to a great resource if you're interested.

As to American Idol, I had forgot that the gay stripper was even still on the show, so I'm fine with him getting the boot.

--Paul

No comments: