Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crouching Blog, Hidden Post

I managed to get a post in today. Things are going well. DeAnne's dad, step-mother and two half-sisters are staying with us. So far things have been pretty cool. The girls are precious, DeAnne's step-mom is nice and her dad...well, he's her dad.

The biggest problem we've had so far is that the Dish receiver died yesterday. It won't even come on. So now we have a three year old in the house and no TV to entertain her with. Normally, I wouldn't consider this to be a problem but, since their just visiting, they didn't exactly bring a toy chest full of toys for them to play with. So last night we had to bust out some of the kids movies DeAnne has picked up for her classrooms.

I'm a little upset with Dish. I called and after jumping through all kinds of hoops to appease the tech so that he would finally declare the receiver dead, he told me it was going to be 3 to 5 days before we got the replacement. Already, having it down last night hurt. We missed Chuck, Heroes, Little People, Big World, Jon & Kate and 17 Kids and Counting. There's nothing on on Tuesday, but Wednesday has Pushing Dasies and Private Practice and Thursday is Ugly Betty and Grey's. So if it takes three days to get the new receiver, we're out pretty much an entire week of our shows. I guess we'll have to turn to steaming versions on the company websites. I think the worst part of all of this though is going to be redoing all the timers to record the shows when we get the new receiver in. There's no way to transfer the settings from the old receiver to the new one.

So that's what's been going on. I think I'll be able to post the rest of the week, but if I miss a day, then don't hold it against me.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: