Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Already?

Say it ain't so! The weekend flew by and we had a great time. We left for Mobile around lunch on Friday. I actually went to work for a little bit. I was going to blog Friday morning, but our internet connection was still flaky, so I wasn't able to get one up.

The doctor's appointment went fine. He really didn't do anything other than ask me how I felt and draw blood to check my thyroid levels. A waste of $30 if you ask me.

After the doctor, we headed over to Courtney and Edwin's. We went and met up with some of their friends, Harry and Heather, ate dinner and headed out to Bayfest. Friday night we saw Candlebox. They're an old band from the 90's that had a couple of hits. They've got a new album out but they still played a bunch of old songs. Overall they were pretty good. After they played, we just walked around and checked everything out then called it a night.

Saturday we saw P.O.D. (meh...), Puddle of Mudd (best all weekend), a little bit of Kid Rock (or Kid Country Cover Song) and Buckcherry (not bad). Overall, not a bad lineup. I was disappointed with how poor P.O.D. was. I thought that after all these years they've been around that they would be pretty good, but they were really pretty terrible. A good time was had by all though.

When we weren't at Bayfest, we were hanging out at the house and mostly playing Rock Band 2. We had a great weekend as we always do when we go down to Mobile. Thanks to Courtney and Edwin for hosting us again. We love you guys. The only thing about it is that it goes by too fast and then it's time to go back to reality.

Hope you all have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: