Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting Somewhere...Maybe...

I would like to think we're getting somewhere with the internet problems. The guy came yesterday afternoon and checked the line and the log on the modem. He also bypassed my surge protector. Either way something seems to be making a difference. My modem up time goes back to the last time he reset it. It was getting disconnected every couple of hours or so, so the fact that it's been up for 18 hours or so is a good sign. I may not need a new router after all.

So it's been two days since I managed a real post. I apologize. My grandmother headed home yesterday. We're now looking towards the weekend and the potential visit from DeAnne's dad and his family.

We finally watched "Facing the Giants" a couple of nights ago. If you don't know, the movie was made by Sheerwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA. All the actors were volunteers from the church membership. The acting was a little hokey to start with, but they seemed to hit a stride about a third of the way into the movie and it got really good. It was a really inspirational movie and we really liked it. The church has a new movie out called "Fireproof". We're not going to make it to the theater any time soon, but we'll be renting it when it comes out on DVD.

The week's almost over. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: