Friday, October 24, 2008

So Far, So Good

Looking at the connection stats on our modem, it looks like the connection hasn't dropped since the CenturyTel guy came and did whatever. Maybe this afternoon I can try and get the router going again. It'll be nice to be back to fully networked.

It's Friday!

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

Auburn tried to play last night. I didn't even watch a second of the game and I'm kind of glad I didn't. Just looking at the stories this morning, it seems like we did about the same thing we did against Vandy: a decent first half followed by nothing. Evidently we still haven't figured out a running game other than "let Burns keep the ball every other play". He had 111 passing yards, but he also had 82 rushing yards. That was on 15 carries. Brad Lester had 13 carries but only managed to get 37 yards out of them. Meanwhile, the running back for WV averaged 12.2 yards per carry. I would say our defense is terrible, but I think it's just that they've been on the field so much this year that they're beat up and just can't keep going. If we had had some sembelance of an offense the first 7 games, then the defense would probably still be in good shape and wouldn't be making the mistakes they're making now.

Alright, end Auburn rant. Nothing really planned for this weekend. DeAnne's dad and his family are supposed to be coming in this evening. I'm not sure how long they're staying. It's going to be crazy. There's five of them, so with me and DeAnne there will be seven people living in our house. I imagine insanity will insue shortly. Touching on that, I'm going to try and blog next week, but it's highly likely that there will be someone making a bedroom out of the office. If this is the case, then blogging at home will probably not be a possibility. I may try and go in to work early so that I have a few minutes to post some short messages from there each day. Either way, I'll try and let you know what's going on on Monday.

Have a great weekend.

--Paul

No comments: