Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

It's that time of year again. Today is my birthday. I'm now 28 years old. Wow, that was actually kind of painful to write. It's hard to believe I'm so close to 30. Anyway...

Friday was Adrienne's birthday, so we went out to eat with her and Bryan and then we just hung out at their house the rest of the night. Saturday was my one chance to get the grass cut, so I did that and then when I was finished we headed up to Montgomery to see Mom and Sid. Sid's birthday was last Monday, so it was a double birthday/mother's day celebration. Mom surprised me though by buying me the iPod Touch I've been wanting (more about that later) and we all went out to eat.

Sunday we went to church in Opp with DeAnne's Mom and then ate lunch with her family. They also had me a birthday cake. After lunch we made one last stop by Dad and Sherry's and spent a little while with them before heading on to Wal-Mart and returning to our normal routine.

Outside of the iPod, DeAnne got me the Wolverine game for the 360 and then I've gotten some cash from several people, so all in all, it's been a good birthday...and I got all that over the weekend. In the end though, I guess all that doesn't really matter. I'm just happy to have had another year. It's had its ups and downs, but you can't help but be happy when you're surrounded by people who you love and who love you in return. I am extremely blessed and extremely grateful to God for it all.

Have a good Monday.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I love you!