Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So The iPod Is Awesome

I've wanted an iPod Touch for a pretty good while now. With all the wait, I had built up a pretty large amount of expectations for the device. After playing with it for a couple of days now, I can safely say that all my expectations have been met.

The music player is great. It's also very pretty. The album art fills the whole screen and makes for a nice background while the music is playing. If you turn the ipod on it's side, it goes into cover flow mode which is even cooler than it is in iTunes.

The apps are where it's at though. In addition to carrying around my own music, with apps from Pandora and Slacker radio, I can listen to my personal internet radio stations while I'm near a wi-fi point. The facebook app is one thousand times better than one for my blackberry and twitterrific beats any twitter app for the blackberry hands down.

So far I've only downloaded apps that are free. I have a hard time paying for something that I don't know what I'm getting. That's one of the few downsides. There's no demo version of an app that you can download and test the app for a few minutes before you buy it. Even with music, they let you play a 30 second clip. Demo versions of apps would be great.

I've also had a little trouble getting my gmail to work with it, but I think I got that fixed this morning before I started writing.

Other than those couple of things though, it's been a great experience. It's too bad it's not an iPhone, but of course, if it was, I'd be paying a monthly fee for it too, so this is probably better anyway. Either way, I love it.

Have a good Tuesday.

No comments: