Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Week's Almost Gone

In spite of working late every day this week, Thursday has snuck up me and is here already.

I'm getting close to the end of book 4 in the Twilight series. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with this one. It started out fairly strong, but it seems like she got what she mainly wanted out of the way and then realized it wasn't really long enough or something and then tried to tack some stuff on to the end. The book is practically over and the fight that's been brewing for over a hundred pages hasn't happened yet, which leads me to think that either the fight is going to end very quickly and possibly badly, or there's not going to be a fight and all of this worry on the character's parts is for nothing. I'm also worried that no matter what, the ending isn't going to be very satisfying with so few pages left to get it out in. Maybe I'm wrong, I certainly hope so. The series has been very good up until this point. Really, if she had taken the beginning of book 4 and tacked it on as an epilogue to book 3, the whole work may have come out better in the end. But I'm not an author, so who knows.

So that's all I've got for today. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

No comments: