Monday, January 05, 2009

Back To Business

Well, the holidays have officially come to a close and it's back to business as usual today.

I have to apologize for Friday. At some point Thursday, we picked up a virus from somewhere and it was pretty nasty. It worked on it some Thursday night and then again on Friday morning, but it wasn't until Friday night that I was finally able to get rid of the thing. I'm a little upset about it, really. I thought that I had the computer fairly well protected, but I guess there was a weakness somewhere. In case you're wondering, what finally did the trick was a program called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. You can download it for free from http://www.malwarebytes.org/. It's a great program from all I can tell. I've used it several times now and it's gotten rid of stuff when it seemed like nothing else could. The pay version is $25 and it just lets you set up scheduled scans and runs a real-time agent in the background. Right now, I'm just planning on running a scan once a week on my on, but I may upgrade to the pay version for the real-time protection deal. If it works as good as the free program, then it'd probably be worth it.

We had a good New Year's. We hung out over at Bryan and Adrienne's and shot some fireworks and all. Nothing spectacular, but we had a good time. The rest of the weekend was pretty low-key. We watched a couple of movies on Saturday with Bryan and Adrienne and other than that, we pretty much just hung around the house.

So that's about it. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: