Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You Know...

You know DeAnne's really into a game when she starts fighting me for time with the xbox. DeAnne was home yesterday and after a good bit of playing Fable 2 during the day, she only let me have about an hour with it last night before she kicked me off so she could play. I haven't seen her into a game this much since Grand Theft Auto IV last spring. When Fable 2 came out and I was reading about it, I thought it sounded like something she might like, but I had no idea she would get into it to the extent that she has.

I haven't talked about music much since the new Guns N' Roses album came out. It's still on my iPod and I'm still enjoying it. I've picked up a few new things since then, but nothing that's really set me on fire. The best is probably the Gavin Rossdale album. I know that the "Love Remains the Same" single has been run into the ground on radio and I'm not that crazy about that song, but the rest of the album is pretty good. I would say that it's better than the last album that Bush put out.

There's a TV in the control room at work so I got to watch a little of the inauguration yesterday. I really just wanted to see Rick Warren's prayer. I thought he did a good job but at the same time I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't a little stronger in his wording. Maybe he was using the platform to get a foothold into Obama's administration and just didn't want to be too strong for fear of losing his chance to minister to the new President. His prayer was still good and I thought he did a good job of acknowledging the Lord as the one true God. I just wish he had said something about getting America back to a moral and Godly center.

Have a good Wednesday.

--Paul

No comments: