Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back to the Grind

It sure was nice to have a long weekend. I haven't been off for a full day since the last time we went to Mobile, so it's been a little while. We didn't do much, but that was fine with me.

Saturday was cleaning day. I finally mowed down the jungle of grass that had been growing for way too long. While I was outside, DeAnne got to cleaning the inside. So with the house and yard both looking good, we hit Wal-Mart for our weekly trip, then later we ate dinner over at Dad's house.

Sunday was pretty cool. Church was busy, but it was a good kind of busy. Bryan's sister, Beth, who we've gotten to know from hanging out with Bryan and Adrienne is leaving for Peru today for a 70-some-odd day missionary trip. She minored in Spanish in college and is now going to use that to spread the Gospel of Christ. So Sunday, everyone went down and gathered around her and we prayed together for her trip. We also had baptism service Sunday night, along with a business meeting and a finger-food social. All good stuff.

Yesterday, we just ate lunch with DeAnne's family, then we came back and went swimming with Bryan and Adrienne and then had dinner with Dad. My Grandmother is heading back to Atlanta today. We got to see a bit more of her this time than we did the last time she was down, which was nice. We would like to go to Atlanta and see her and my family up there, but with gas like it is and already having the Daytona trip planned, I don't know if we'll be able to. We'll just have to wait and see.

I fell off the Wii Fit wagon over the weekend, but came back strong yesterday. The program promptly scolded me for not using it more often, which I thought was pretty funny. I'm not nearly as sore today as I was after using it the first time, but I didn't do as much leg exercise either. I'm thinking that after a while, I'll find the right mix of exercises to use and be able to develop a routine. It's just too bad that you can't program a series to go through and just hit that when you get into it.

--Paul

No comments: