Thursday, May 01, 2008

Paula Abdul Has Left the Building

We watched Tuesday night's American Idol yesterday afternoon and all I can say is "Whoa". I know Paula usually says some crazy stuff and is a little spacey sometimes, but man, what was she taking this week? Of course, it could be that she took some notes during the rehearsals and then got a little confused, but then she kept insisting that she thought Jason had sung twice. Wild.

As far as the contestants go, I'm not surprised that Brooke is gone. Her second song wasn't terrible, but the first one was really, really painful. To me, the only one that's still entertaining is David Cook. He's not the best singer, but he's the only one I really enjoy watching perform. I just hope he can write songs as well as he can arrange covers.

I got a little more face time with GTA in yesterday and it's starting to grow on me now. The physics and graphical power are pretty amazing, I'm just not that enthralled with the story or gameplay yet. I think that will change soon enough though.

I also gave Mario Kart a go and it was fun. The Wii wheel works really well. Better than I thought it would, really. I'm anxious to try it out online against Courtney and Edwin. You hear that guys...you better bring it. Man, that was cheesy. I better quit before it gets any worse. Have a good Thursday.

--Paul

1 comment:

stephcl said...

oh, it's been brought!!

we picked ours up on sunday and have been playing around with it too. hopefully when we get down time this weekend we can all catch up online and smoke you two in our game-graphic dust.