Thursday, May 22, 2008

The "Horn" Is Gone

The doctor went ahead and cut my cyst out yesterday afternoon. The bleeding really wasn't that bad. I think I bleed more when I have blood drawn than I did yesterday when he cut my head open. Go figure. DeAnne had dubbed it the "horn". Bryan had taken to calling me "Uni" (as in unicorn). And just about everyone had made mention how the devil was coming out of me. But no more! Now I just have to endure a week of having stitches in my head. Always fun.

Yesterday also marked the day DeAnne expects me to start exercising each day, namely by using Wii Fit. I have to admit, they've put together a really cool program that could actually be useful. The board that comes with it is a lot sturdier than I assumed it would be, which is nice because I don't feel like I'm going to break it. When you first get started, you register your Mii and you tell it your age and height, then the board weighs you and checks your ability to balance. From all this it tells you your weight, your BMI and your Wii Fit "Age". I can't remember my BMI number, but it said I was a little over-weight. I think I'm fine weight wise, I would just like to tone up some. So I don't know how good of a number that is, but it was interesting to see. The exercises were harder than I thought they would be and this morning I'm actually feeling it a little in my legs from the lunges. I only spent about 17 minutes working out yesterday (it tracks the date and time when you use it) and I was pretty tired. Of course, I'm also completely out of shape. DeAnne, who's been working out since the first of the year, got a good hour in on it but even she admitted that it was pretty tough. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it goes from time to time. So far, I like it though.

Finally, David Cook won American Idol. I'm honestly a little surprised that he won. I kind of thought that he'd be gone around 3rd or 4th like Chris Daughtry was and then have a really successful career like Daughtry. I still think he'll have a good career, he'll just have to do it from underneath the contract the winner has to sign. I liked David and towards the end, he was about the only one we would watch all the way through when he performed. DeAnne's shows finish up their seasons tonight and then Lost has their last show next week. Maybe after that we can catch up on some of the stuff we have recorded.

--Paul

1 comment:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Yeah!!!! It's gone uni or horn boy!!! Now I just have you back to your normal self, which I do love so dearly!