Friday, May 30, 2008

I Can't Believe...

...that we have to wait until January for more "Lost". If you don't watch Lost (and why wouldn't you? Go, get the DVDs and get caught up), the season finale was last night. It was an amazing end to what I think has possibly been the best season yet. I know season 3 was rough to start with, but since about 3/4 of the way through season 3, the show has just been getting better and better. I do have to say that last night's finale wasn't quite as good as season 3's, but it was still pretty amazing. They gave a good number of answers but of course, they also brought up new questions. I thought it was nice how it kind of came together with last seasons finale and wrapped up season 4 in a nice little bow and then set the stage for what should be an exciting season 5. I can hardly wait.

Now that the writers strike is in the past, TV seems to be starting to recover. Most of the shows that we watch are coming back. Heroes, Chuck and Pushing Dasies are all coming back in the fall. Then Lost and 24 (finally!!!) will be back in January.

We also watched the movie Juno last night. I didn't really know what to expect. It won an Oscar for something and a lot of times when we watch movies that win awards, we wind up not liking them, but this one was really good. It was funny and touching and had a killer soundtrack that I'm late to the party for. I know people have been talking about the soundtrack since the movie came out, but I never listened to any of it and honestly, I don't know if it would have made any sense outside the context of the movie, so I'm glad I watched the movie before I listened to the music. Now though, I intend on getting the soundtrack.

It's Friday, hip hip, horay! Have a good weekend.

--Paul

No comments: