Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm Officially Older

Well, birthday #27 has come and gone and all in all, it was a pretty darn good one. In fact, it was almost a weekend of birthday celebration. Or at least that's what I tried to declare it.

Friday night, Dad and Sherry took me and DeAnne out to eat. We had a good time. It's been a while since we've been able to do anything with them and I really enjoyed it.

On Saturday we drove up to Tallassee to see my Mom and all of the family on her side. It was a tri-purpose party at my Grandmother's house. We had my birthday, of course, but we also celebrated Mother's day and then the last part of it was celebrating my Uncle Kenneth graduating with his Doctorate.

Then Sunday was my actual birthday. After church, we headed over to Kinston and had Mother's Day and birthday with DeAnne's family. When we got back, we headed over to Bryan's parents' house and got in their pool for a little while. It was nice.

As for presents...let's just say if I was swimming in games before, I think I'm drowning in them now. Bryan and Adrienne got me a Wii game called No More Heroes. I've been eye-balling it for a while and Bryan knew it. DeAnne got me Guitar Hero II for the 360. I had it for the PS2, but I sold it along with the PS2 a while back. I've been wanting to get GHII for the 360 since I had the guitar for Rock Band already. The setlist are in a different order from the PS2 version and they've added a few different songs and they've also got some songs available for download. I'm pretty excited to have it. I also got a new shirt and some cash from DeAnne's family. Mom busted off with the big present though. She got me a PSP. I was totally blown away. She also got me the Iron Man game to go along with it. I'm going to use the cash I got to get a memory card and then I'll be good to go. It's pretty awesome. It does music, movies and games and to some extent, internet. It should be great the next time I go on a trip for work.

I'm out of time. Have a good Monday.

--Paul

No comments: