Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Two Down, One To Go

We went with Bryan and Adrienne last night to see Prince Caspian. I don't know if I enjoyed it as much as I did Iron Man, but it was a very, very good movie.

For the most part they stayed true to the major plot points and themes of the book. They did add a major sequence and they changed up the timeline of events somewhat, but I thought that the movie was a good representation of the book.

For those of you with children, I would say that this movie is a good bit darker than the first. There's still no fowl language whatsoever and there's no blood, but there is a good bit more death than in the first one. I could see where it could be a bit scary for a small child, say younger than five, but if you're with them, they'll probably be ok. Aslan shows up soon enough and of course, things are brighter and more cheerful when he comes on the scene.

With Prince Caspian, we've seen two of the three big May movies that I wanted to see. Indiana Jones hits this weekend and I'm pretty excited for it. I've read a few early reviews and everyone sounds pretty pleased with it so far.

I finally got my memory card for my PSP yesterday. Over the weekend I found some software to transcode some movies into a format that works on the PSP, so I loaded up a couple of movies, put a few songs on it and bookmarked some websites in the internet browser. The movies look pretty good considering the size of the screen. It should be really cool to have next time I go somewhere. The music player isn't nearly as nice as an ipod, but it's good enough to replace one on a trip considering you also have movies and games in the same device. I haven't checked out the online playstation store yet to see what they've got available. I'm going to see what it's like sometime.

Have a good Tuesday.

--Paul

No comments: